Easy ways to Get Fit: FREE Happy Bootcamps
Boot camps in the fitness industry is used to describe group fitness classes that promote weight loss, camaraderie, and group effort. These are designed to push people a little bit further than they would normally push themselves at the gym. Boot camps are sometimes organized outdoors in parks using bodyweight exercises like pushups, squats, suspension training, and burpees, interspersed with running andd competitive games. The idea is that everyone involved works at their own pace as they team up and work towards one goal, either in pairs, small teams of three or four, or even two teams head on.
FREE Happy Bootcamp is aimed at getting 1 billion people from inactive to active around the UK, and over 100 million people active globally. We’ve been active since 2012 and have over 15,000 active members.
Being active should be an important part of your everyday routine. It helps you burn up excess energy (calories) and helps prevent you putting on too much weight. Not only that, it helps strengthen your bones and muscles, keeps your body healthy and makes you feel good. Some of the benefits of being active are:
- Feel Fitter
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Help lose excess weight
- Can help you feel less stressed
- Be healthier
- Meet new friends
With the help of top fitness experts, we’ve drafted ways and places to get active for free.
- Walk everywhere – walking is the easiest way to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. It may be as simple as opting to walk rather than driving or taking public transport for short journeys. Strive to get at least 10,000 steps a day. You may keep track of this with the help of a pedometer.
- Free Running Podcasts – Running is beneficial for weight loss, improved heart and lung function, helps strengthen bones, and gives you an overall sense of wellbeing. Free for download is this app that helps you get active from couch to running 5K. The app involves a three day run every week, resting a day in between runs, with a different plan for every week for nine weeks.
- Cycle to Work – The humble bike is an easy way to get active. You not only get fit, save money on petrol or public transport costs, but also help save the environment.
- Stair Climbing – Best part of this is it’s so easy to incorporate into your routine. Choose to take the stairs because it burns more calories than jogging.
- Park Games – Games like hide and seek, and cowboys and Indians are great ways to get the whole family up and about, you get to have fun and get healthy at the same time.
- FREE Happy Bootcamps – Coached by ex-pro athletes and CELEBRITY TRAINERS, every Saturday and Sunday you can meetup with over 15,000 POSITIVE and LIKE-MINDED individuals in Hyde Park and Clapham to run and workout hard together.